WHAT YOU NEED
1 ea. Watermelon, medium size
1 ea. Honeydew, medium size
1 ea. Cucumber
2 ea. Celery, ribs
1 sprig Basil
1 sprig Mint
1 ea. Scallions
2 tbsp. Ginger, grated
2 ea. Limes, juiced
To taste – salt
WHAT TO DO
1. Clean watermelon by removing all of the outer rind. Remove a quarter of the melon and cut into a fine dice. Reserve for a garnish. Repeat process with honeydew, cucumber, and celery.
2. Rough chop remaining parts of the watermelon, honeydew, cucumber, and celery. Add to a blender and puree until smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients and continue blending.
4. Strain liquid through a fine mesh sieve, taste and adjust acidity and salt.
5. Add the reserved garnish and stir to combine.
6. Thoroughly chill and allow the flavors to develop for at least 2 hours.
7. Serve in chilled bowls and garnish with chopped basil.
Serves: 4-6 large bowls
The downtown Sarasota location is housed in an antique railway station dating back to the 1850’s, that was painstakingly disassembled and brought down from Indiana, and reassembled and restored!
Enjoy this refreshing soup this Spring or Summer, and when you are in the Sarasota area, visit my friends at Station 400, both in downtown Sarasota and in Lakewood Ranch Main Street!