Recipe and photos courtesy of Chef Alex Reyes, Sophie’s, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Chicken Saltimbocca with Wild Arugula and Lemon Vinaigrette
1 each 8 ounce chicken breast, boneless and skinless;
2 ounces Serrano ham or prosciutto;
6 each sage leaves;
Spanish olive oil;
1 ounce unsalted butter;
¼ cup Albariño wine;
¼ pound wild arugula;
Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Note: this can also be done with veal, turkey, or pork cutlets.
1. In a small bowl add the lemon juice, zested, plus the agave and mix until well combined.
2. Drizzle the olive oil and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Pound the chicken breast in between parchment paper with a rolling pin. Place 3 sage leaves on top of the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Fold the chicken in half to create an envelope.
4. Place the Serrano ham on a flat surface and place the rest of the sage leaves in the center of the ham. Place the chicken over the sage leaves and fold the ham over.
5. Place the wrapped chicken in between parchment paper and pound it couple of times to make the ham adhere to the chicken.
6. In a medium-hot pan with olive oil, seared the chicken on both sides for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until it reaches 165 degrees F. Deglaze with the wine and add the butter and take off the heat to let the butter emulsify.
7. In a small bowl toss the arugula with the lemon vinaigrette and place on a serving plate.
8. Place the chicken over the arugula and drizzle with the sauce.
9. Dig in!
Photos by Billy Rood.
700 North Michigan Ave. 7th Floor
Chicago, IL 60611
San Juan, PR:
2000 Mall of San Juan Boulevard
San Juan, PR 00924
20 University Town Center Drive (The Mall at University Town Center)
Sarasota, FL 34243