THE BEST EGGNOG YOU’LL EVER TASTE
Eggnog is widely recognized as a traditional holiday cocktail. Here’s our delicious version of the sweet, creamy and spicy classic.
• 3 cups milk
• 1 cup light cream
• 3 whole cloves
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 1 Madagascar vanilla bean (split & scraped)
• ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 6 egg yolks
• ¾ cup sugar
1) Bring milk, cream, whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean and nutmeg just to a boil in a medium saucepan on low heat
2) Beat egg yolks and sugar in medium bowl until pale yellow in color and fluffy
3) Gradually add one cup of the hot milk mixture, mixing with wire whisk until well blended
4) Gradually whisk mixture back into the remaining milk mixture in the saucepan
5) Cook and stir on medium-low heat for 3 – 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
6) Strain into large bowl. Cool slightly & cover
7) Refrigerate overnight or until well chilled
For bourbon eggnog, place two ounces of bourbon with two ounces of egg nog and ice in a shaker and shake vigorously. Strain over fresh ice and garnish with shaved nutmeg. Enjoy!
Cheers and Happy Holidays!