While ‘Soupe De Poisson’ originated in the Northern French port of Dieppe, many coastal regions in France have their very own special seafood and fish recipes.
Chef Lysielle’s ‘Provençal Fish Soup’ is no exception, and now you can enjoy this delicious, smoothly blended and flavorful fish soup with Gruyère, Rouille (garlic mayonnaise sauce), and croutons at home!
C’est très bon!
This is an excellent dish for winter entertaining. Bleu Provence is one of Naples’ finest restaurants, a Platinum Palate Award-Winner by Fred Bollaci Enterprises, featured in “The Restaurant Diet” by Fred Bollaci, the restaurant is known for authentic Provencale style French cuisine of the sunny Mediterranean South of France, and is home to the best wine cellar in Naples, Florida, one of only 4 Wine Spectator Grand Award Winners in all of Florida (all four are featured in “The Restaurant Diet.)
Ingredients for Fish Soup:
4 White Leeks (medium-sized), chopped
1 Fennel Bulb, chopped
3 Carrots, chopped
3 Celery Stalks, chopped
2 Onions, chopped
4 Garlic Gloves, chopped
1⁄4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1⁄4 Teaspoon Saffron
5 Pounds of White Whole Fish (Loup de Mer, Daurade, Cod), cleaned and cut 5 Tomatoes (fresh)
3 Teaspoons of Tomato Paste
2 Cups of White Wine
1⁄2 Cup of Ricard or Pastis
– Cook leeks, fennel, carrots, celery, onions, and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes.
– Add thyme and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
– Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, Ricard or Pastis, salt, cayenne pepper, and fish
for 5 minutes.
– Cover with water and add saffron. Cook for 30 minutes.
– Force soup through a food mill and discard all solids.
– Serve with Gruyère, Rouille, Croutons, and a warm Baguette.
Ingredients for Rouille:
4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped 2 Egg Yolks
1⁄2 Cup Olive Oil
– Combine lemon juice, garlic, egg yolks, and olive oil, and blend into a mayonnaise. – Add saffron, chili powder and salt to season.