Sugar-Free Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries
10 gelatin leaves (or 3 packets powder gelatin)
4 cups heavy cream (See Note below)
4 cups whole milk
12 ounces Splenda (or other sweetener of your choice; See Note below)
1 pod vanilla bean
- Soak gelatin in ice water and set aside. If using powdered gelatin, reserve a small amount of the milk to bloom the gelatin in.
- Bring heavy cream and milk to a boil and stir in sugar substitute until dissolved.
- Open vanilla bean pod and scrape out all the seeds and add to the cream.
- Gently stir in soft gelatin until all dissolved (or the milk/powdered gelatin mix).
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before dividing between 12 highball or martini glasses.
- Chill 3 to 4 hours in the cooler to set.
Garnish the tops of the panna cotta with mixed fresh berries. Add some fresh mint or basil leaf if desired.
|Nutrition Facts (by serving)|
|Calories from fat||57%|
|Saturated fat (grams)||11|
Note: Nutritional analysis is without berries. One cup of blueberries is 83 calories; one cup should be sufficient to sprinkle some berries over each glass. At Addison, this recipe serves 8, but for home/weight-loss purposes, we are dividing it into 12 portions.