1 cup couscous
3 cups water (for cooking couscous)
1 cup radishes, chopped
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup dried cranberries
6 cherry tomatoes, split lengthwise or 12 grape tomatoes
¼ cup whole roasted almonds
½ cup whole fresh mint leaves
juice from 3 lemons
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
finely ground sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Bring 3 cups water to a simmer in a small pot. Add the couscous and cook on low boil until the water is absorbed, approximately 3 minutes. The couscous should be light and fluffy. Remove from heat and transfer to a platter to cool.
- Roast the almonds on a baking sheet in the oven or in a toaster until they are just lightly golden.
- Chop the other vegetables.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled couscous with the radishes, scallions, parsley, golden raisins, tomatoes, almonds and mint. Add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Stir the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition Facts (by serving)
Calories from fat 30%
Fat (grams) 12
Saturated fat (grams) 1
Cholesterol (milligrams) 0
Carbohydrates (grams) 53
Protein (grams) 8
Sodium (milligrams) 58